Lips are an important part of facial beauty and can add appeal and youth to a face when they are well balanced with other facial features. Lip fillers can be used to plump, enhance or reshape thin or ageing lips with natural yet transforming results.
- Adds volume, creating luscious lips
- Long-lasting natural results
- Industry leading dermal lip fillers
Enhance the beauty of your lips with natural looking, and expertly administered lip fillers.
As we age our lip colour and border fades, lines start to appear and lips thin. Whether you have naturally thin lips, lips that have thinned with ageing or are looking for a more sensuous lip shape, lip fillers can safely and gently achieve a smooth and enhanced appearance.
The lips are an important facial feature that convey health, youth and attractiveness. With age, we tend to lose lip volume and the lips can appear smaller, more wrinkly and dry. Dermal filler can be used to restore natural lip volume, smooth the lip texture and hydrate the lips. Dermal fillers can also be used to enhance lip volume or contour in order to achieve better proportion and symmetry.
Frequently asked questions
Fillers in this area are beneficial for many effects and we can create a more defined look. Lip fillers can be performed at many different areas of the lips:
- Vermilion border or lip outline - for creating definition, width and improve lipstick bleeding lines
- Lip augmentation targeting the fleshy part of the upper and lower lip – for volume, pout and fullness
- Cupids bow definition – adds definition and contouring
- Oral commissures or lines going down from the sides of the mouth – for a younger and happy look
- Marionette lines (sad lines from corner of lips downward) – also known as puppet lines
- Philtrum ridges that go from the upper lip towards the nose can be made more defined.
- Perioral lines or fine vertical lines often due to smoking on the upper lip can be reduced
Anyone who has :
- Slightly crooked nose
- Small nose that needs building up
- Hook shaped noses that would like straightening
- A mild to moderate bump on the bridge of the nose
- A mild to moderate drooping of nasal tip
- A nose that needs refinement after surgical rhinoplasty
- Noses that would like more height, definition and a nose tip
We use a range of fillers at the clinic including Juvederm, Teoxane, Restylane and Revolax, your practitioner will discuss the benefits of each and which would be best for your treatment and desired effect
You will see a noticeable difference straight after the treatment and your final results will be visible 10-14 days afterwards.
We understand the lips are a sensitive area. A range of anesthesias, such as an ice pack or numbing cream can be provided. In addition, we use the products which contain anaesthetic, therefore the treatment is relatively comfortable. Our practitioners are all highly experienced in this procedure and will ensure to make your treatment as comfortable as possible
After the injection, the lips often become a little swollen. This means that the result immediately after the treatment may not be the final result. The swelling typically resolves spontaneously within a couple of days. To achieve the result you want, it is recommended to have a touch-up treatment 2 to 4 weeks after the initial session. This will also add to the duration of the treatment effect
This treatment can last anywhere between 12 – 18 months, however it does vary from person to person. Top ups may be required before then and we are more than happy to advise you on this.
Following a thorough consultation and examination of your lips, a topical numbing agent will be applied to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. We will then carefully place the dermal filler in specific points to achieve the desired results, whether this be creating a more defined border, adding volume to thin or sparse lips, enhancing the cupids bow or smoothing out lines on the lips.
Most clients will start with 1ml of dermal filler which will create natural volume and hydration, this is a perfect quantity for clients who are nervous of looking too ‘done’.